[WikiEN-l] 172 sysop status restored

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Thu Jul 24 15:07:56 UTC 2003

Fred Bauder wrote:
> I have never withdrawn my objection to sysop status for 172. I knew
> he would abuse his status and he has repeatedly, you are just
> looking at the tip of the iceberg; most instances result from his
> leftist POV urge to revise history.

I appreciate this concern, and I have it, too.  But whenever I've
looked into it, 172/Abe has worked reasonably well with others.

I'm a bit constrained here because I myself come from an extremely
strong libertarian POV, very different from Abe's, and so I have to be
very careful not to let my own political perspective inappropriately
enter into my analysis.

What matters here is a willingness to work well with others towards
NPOV, not where you come from personally.

--Jimbo