[WikiEN-l] Compromise on Franklin and Washington articles

Robert rkscience100 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 16 20:31:03 UTC 2003

I am sensitive to the issue of proportions: How much a
subject is discussed in an article is of great concern,
because it may overly push one point of view over another.
(I don't think that this is the case here, but it is a
general and valid concern!)  In other cases, two paragraphs
of digression are not lengthy, when they are part of a long
article. But when they are part of a shorter article, this
too can cause imbalance. Not a POV problem, but a topic
specificity problem.

Maybe you are correct that there is too much information on
this topic in the George Washington and Benjamin Franklin
articles. (I don't think so, but whatever.)

We could do two things simultaneously (a) Increase the
overall length of these articles by discussuing more
topics, and providing more historical perspective. (b)
Re-evaluate what is in the there already, especially as
regards this issue. Shorten this particular section, remove
the weblinks, and link to a new page on forgeries.

Robert (RK)