[WikiEN-l] Re: Crackpot articles

Tim Starling ts4294967296 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 12 07:07:38 UTC 2003

"Chong Yidong" <cyd at stupidchicken.com> wrote
in message news:yr4cel0w4tbz.fsf at myth7.Stanford.EDU...
> Hi there. I haven't posted to the list before, but I've been
> editing under the callsign "CYD" for for quite a while now.

You should be an admin. Hang on, I'll nominate you.

> I'd like to point out a number of crackpot articles recently
> contributed by the user Reddi:

<snip>

> Any suggestions about what to do?

We have to keep an eye on him. Note that most of his contributions need
copyediting anyway, since his English isn't too good. Reddi seems to be a
pleasant, courteous guy, so he's never going to get banned.

After coming across [[reciprocal system of theory]] for the first time just
recently, and after personally spending a great deal of time on
[[neutrosophy]] and other articles, I have a feeling we're losing the war on
pseudoscience, mainly due to an insufficient number of motivated skeptical
contributors. I've been giving serious thought to advertising our cause on
the major skeptical community forums.

I don't really see any other way to do this, other than plain old-fashioned
manpower. If any of these theories are truly idiosyncratic, we'll be able to
save a lot of time if we can get them deleted. Other than that, we've just
got to do the research, present the flaws, and contextualise.

-- Tim Starling <tstarlingphysicsunimelbeduau>