[WikiEN-l] Re: Use of Wikipedia articles at Malaspina.com

steve vertigo utilitymuffinresearch at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 08:54:10 UTC 2003

> I'm in no way an expert, but looking at the
> practical implications of
> such a requirement, it would seem that such a
> requirement would make the
> GFDL useless for most purposes. Hardly any webmaster
> would archive every
> past version of a page.
>
> Timwi

Civil Law is not meant to be practical. It's meant
merely to be a roadsign that says, "our stuff, our
rules" -- so that later it can look like a breach of
contract, and money can be restituted from the
prostituting party.

Ironically, the notion that "your not supposed to make
$$ off of  X" (as a claim) is kinda antithetical to
the whole notion of lawsuits, which tend to be about
"only Ims supposed to make money off X".  And in the
end, regardless of GNUFDL, a civil win would be
represented (symbolically) in dough.  Otherwise why
would anyone bother forking out for a lair?

-S-