[WikiEN-l] Images, copyrights & permissions

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Wed Dec 17 16:45:31 UTC 2003

I moved an image of a sports car to talk, because it contained a
copyright notice, and this conversation followed:

> I'm not sure we ought to use a copyrighted
> picture. --Uncle Ed 21:28, 16 Dec 2003 (UTC)

--> "permission to use with credits given" as it
--> says in the text you get if you click the picture.
--> We could perhaps replace "(c)" with "Photo by" if
--> that would make you feel better. // Liftarn

What's the policy? CAN WE assume that if someone assures us that (a)
they got, or (b) they are granting, permission -- then it's okay? MUST
WE show the copyright notice?

This reminds me about the guy who posted his own copyrighted article on
credit repair.

Ed Poor