[WikiEN-l] User Leumi

Delirium delirium at rufus.d2g.com
Thu Dec 11 11:19:15 UTC 2003

tarquin wrote:

> Viajero wrote:
>
>> He is another young teenager with Asperger's; maybe this has
>> something to do with it.
>>

> Is this beginning to be a problem on Wikipedia?
> What can we do to help new users with impairments that affect their
> social skills?

I'd say just treat them like everyone else.  If someone is impaired by a
"mental illness" or impaired by "just has no social skills," it comes
out the same for the purposes of a community, so just try to find a way
to get people to work together.  I can only see things turning out badly
if we try to cater to specific "mental illnesses" and so on.  Now if we
want to help new users who lack social skills in general fit in with our
model, that's another matter entirely.

-Mark