[WikiEN-l] Request for Arbitration

Andre Engels engelsAG at t-online.de
Mon Dec 8 23:24:02 UTC 2003

"Fred Bauder" <fredbaud at ctelco.net> schrieb:

> Halloween is a major holiday, celebration, or whatever in the US, not quite
> as big as Christmas. It is an established fact, not subject to serious
> dispute. Removal of any known, well-established fact from an article where
> it clearly belongs is a serious matter. Hiding behind a claim of triviality
> is not a defense. It is like someone who shortchanges you a nickel every
> time you deal with them.

I hate this attitude. This is what stops some bad Wikipedia articles from getting improved - anything that has been written down once and is true should be kept, however trivial the fact is.

The 'October 2003' page gives news and special occurences during the month of October 2003. In what way is Halloween such? Halloween is each year on 31 October. There's nothing special or newsworthy about 31 October 2003 having been Halloween. 31 October 2003 also was a day that counted 24 hours. That's a known, well-established fact as well. So if I add that to the page it should stay as well?

Andre Engels