[WikiEN-l] Let's not attack each other

The Cunctator cunctator at kband.com
Mon Dec 8 16:17:20 UTC 2003

On 12/8/03 10:48 AM, "Poor, Edmund W" <Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com> wrote:

> Robert asked Toby to stop his "personal attacks" on him.
>
> Toby, as list administrator I would like you to consider whether remarks
> like the following really ADD to the discourse, or merely SIDETRACK us
> from the actual topic at hand:
>
> "It's a darned good thing that other people noticed MNH before you did,
> RK, or it might have been EoT all over again -- where the regular
> Wikipedians ignore your charges because you back them up with
> exaggerations and biased rhetoric."
>
> Please remember that some people are more sensitive than others. My skin
> is thick enough that you could talk to me like that, but Robert has
> taken offense.

It  *is* a problem, though. RK often damages his side by overstating the
situation and taking disputes personally.

One of the basic principles of WikipediAhimsa is that when someone is
offended by someone else, both parties have failed to do no harm.

Usually the offender has committed more harm, but that is not always the
case.

Robert: I promise you that we all take the problem of Mr. Natural Health's
behavior seriously, and we intend to come to a positive solution to the
issue. That action has not been as rapid as you wish should not be taken as
a slight against you.

--tc