[WikiEN-l] Mr. Natural Health - a candidate for banning

Poor, Edmund W Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com
Mon Dec 8 15:35:52 UTC 2003

Viajero observed,

> Mr Natural Health was a problematic user when he first
> appeared, and you could have helped us incorporate his
> material in a constructive way, but your hostility and
> rabid scientism only aggravated the situation. The
> ultimate victim is the encyclopedia.

It is always difficult to embrace a new immigrant to our
shores, when he comes to enlighten us according to his
agenda. It took me longer than I care to remember, before
people stopped accusing me of OPPOSING the norms of Wikipedia.
I wonder how long it really took before people started
regarding me as a champion of our Neutrality Policy?

In my dealings with MNH I've tried to assume good faith,
but that didn't get me very far. He's a loose cannon.

When mediation fails, I think mediators should let the
community know about it. Angela has already done so, and
I endorse her report.

I have no problem with his /ideas/ and in fact I wish that he would
write neutrally about them. But like user:Lir once did, he is causing a
lot of annoyance around here, and the damage this causes to the morale
of our noble staff of volunteer writers far outweighs the value of
whatever contributions we /hope/ he could make.

When Lir came back, with a new determination to follow our social norms,
he turned over a new leaf. I think MNH might be able to follow Lir's
example.

I don't want to wait three and a half weeks and make MNH
the first case for the arbitration committee. I invite
Jimbo to "talk" to him now.

Reluctantly,

Uncle Ed