[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia articles in PDF format

Peter Bartlett pcb21 at btconnect.com
Wed Dec 3 02:39:06 UTC 2003

As a bit of fun, I have written a tool that asks Wikipedia what articles
are listed on Brilliant Prose, and then produces an automatic
compilation of those articles in PDF format through a wiki-markup ->
LaTeX -> PDF conversion.

An example where Brilliant Prose was supposed to consist of the articles
[[Tony Blair]] and [[Jacques Chirac]] is available at
http://www.geocities.com/pcb21/brilliant_prose_test_pdf.pdf

Though there are obvious initial problems with the PDF markup, I think
the articles actually look pretty reasonable. I would be interested in
any comments that anyone has on this capability and its uses (if any!)

Pete/User:Pcb21