[WikiEN-l] edit conflicts

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Tue Dec 2 02:47:30 UTC 2003

Almost 24 hours have passed since the Sarah Edmonds edit conflict/war, and I
still am not sure what it was that I accidentally overwrote. Once I realized
that something was overwritten, I did try to restore it, but I guess I missed
something. Such is life. If I would have known, I would have put it back, but
Wik did not want to even tell me what it was.

On the other hand, more words have been written about that silly edit war
than on the article itself. I find that kind of pathetic. It is now being debated
on Wikipedia:Edit conflicts.

Personally, I agree with Martin's suggested policy, though I will add that we
should be working together, not debating one-upmanship or the rights of one
contributor's edits to override those of another contributor. In the almost two
years that i have been part of Wikipedia, there have always been edit
wars--hell, I was even involved in a few--but they were always over content, not ego.
I find it unfortunate that Wikipedia has come to this.

Danny