[WikiEN-l] Using RachelCorrie's name as a user name - sickening

james duffy jtdirl at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 17 03:13:29 UTC 2003

OK. That is it. I've definitely come across the most revolting thing on
wikipedia. An anonymous user how now decided to use the name of a recent
dead person, Rachel Corrie. It is stomach churning to think that anyone
could be so tactless as to use a dead person's name and spread it all across
the wiki doing edits, etc. We didn't say say you cannot choose a recently
dead person's name because no-one could have imagined that anyone would be
so sick as to do it. Obviously there are sickos out there who stoop to this
repulsive level.

That's before you get into the contents, which is just YET ANOTHER rachel
corrie shrine, littered with every image that can be found. Some people on
wiki have been sailing very close to the POV wind in their promotion of
image upon image of Rachel, a lof of them totally irrelevant. Just the same
shots repeated in a different pose. Rachel looking to camera in the USA.
Rachel looking to camera in Gaza. Rachel looking to camera again in the US
(but this time with a frown! Obviously we NEED to show her smiling AND
frowning!!! The agendasizing of the main article on her with photographs is
bad enough. Creating a User:RachelCorrie is beyond disgusting. What next?
Supporters of the Iraq War creating a user name under the late British
soldier Ian Malone's name with pro-war images. Supporters of George Bush
creating a username to promote images for the President. Supporters of
Saddam creating a user name in his name to put pro-Saddam images on? This is
getting ridiculous and is making an ass out of wikipedia and showing
monumental disrespect to a recently deceased person. God forbid that any of
Rachel's family should do a google search and find wiki has someone claiming
to be their daughter or sister. What sort of sad sicko would be tactless and
crude enough to do such a thing?

JT