[WikiEN-l] original research on wikipedia

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Sun Apr 13 08:47:00 UTC 2003

> As the Wikipedia policy doesn't allow posting of
> original research, I was wondering if there could be a
> seperate wiki for original reasearch. I'm just 13, and
> I obviously can't get my original research published,
> but I have done some inventing/research with new
> results, but not contradictory to known facts and
> studies. (I created a teaching method for algebra that
> worked on four out of four preschoolers and I'm
> creating a more efficient language that is completely
> regular and logical.) Nobody takes anything I do
> seriously, though. If there were a wiki for this, I
> could publish it instantaniously and it could still be
> edited for errors in inferences and analyses of data,
> in addition to the validity of the data itself.

Yes, I have thought about this myself. It is definitely an interesting
idea, although without some internal approval/rating mechanism the noise
level will probably be fairly high, making it harder for valuable ideas to
cross media boundaries.

I don't think this is part of the Wikipedia mission, though. I could set
up a UseMod wiki for the purpose if you're interested and willing to
promote/populate it.

Regards,

Erik