[WikiEN-l] In defense of non-monotheistic religions

Stephen C. Carlson scarlson at mindspring.com
Thu Apr 10 18:07:47 UTC 2003

On 04/10/03 01:31 PM, "Poor, Edmund W" <Edmund.W.Poor at abc.com>:
>I just finished reading talk archive #6 -- yes, their are FIVE previous
>talk archives on this topic! And I waded through the first half of the
>[[idolatry]] article.
>
>It really amounts to a defense of non-monotheistic religions, against the
>accusation of "idolatry" from the monotheistic religions. As such, the
>article really requires a thorough rewrite.

I can see how one could get that impression, particularly if one reads only the first half (which I have just reorganized by moving it to the end), but the article as a whole seems fairly well-balanced and representative of many points of views related in a neutral manner.

There has been a lot work done on the article by a lot of people and certainly some sections need more bulking up, but on the whole I am fairly pleased with the way it is shaping up.  Of course, in the WikiWay, you and anyone else are perfectly free to give it a "thorough rewrite" if you think that would improve the article.

Stephen Carlson

--
Stephen C. Carlson,
mailto:scarlson at mindspring.com
"Poetry speaks of aspirations, and songs chant the words."  Shujing 2.35