[WikiEN-l] Odd article?

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Wed Apr 9 01:17:00 UTC 2003

> 	Something really strange is happening when I try to look at the
> article [[Laurent]] which was recently created. It crashes my browser
> (Galeon 1.2.9/Mozilla 1.3) whenever I try to look at it. I did a database
> query on it before the last crash, it's number 207611 I think (from
> memory), and the text in it looks normal. But when I try to get it, both
> Galeon and raw Mozilla crash, in different ways -- Galeon freezes up, not
> using clock cycles meanwhile; Mozilla dies instantly. On the other hand,
> it seems to work just fine in Lynx (I tried to wget it, but that didn't
> work, but neither does anything else; I'm guessing Wikipedia filters on
> HTTP-client to prevent excessive slurping?) Looking at the source now that
> I've got it, the only thing that seem at all irregular about the contents
> (the HTML, not the Wikicode) is that it's all in <pre> tags. (Disclaimer:
> I haven't looked at HTML source of Wikipages before, so I'm not entirely
> certain what would be irregular.)

Heya,

sounds like a browser bug to me. Works fine here in Moz 1.3/Linux, FWIW
(yes, I did use the previous revision). But <pre> is quite notorious and
has been a cause of problems in almost all browsers. If you can reproduce
the conditions (also check the skin in your preferences), you may want to
file a bug report at bugzilla.mozilla.org.

Regards,

Erik