[WikiEN-l] Re: Streamline the sysop recruiting process

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 8 06:08:22 UTC 2003

On Monday 07 April 2003 02:43 pm, Anthere wrote:
> Mav proposition : a 6 level of power, depending on
> each wikipedia decision
>
> An Elite:
> > * Dictator-for-life: Jimbo Wales (controls URLs,
> > bandwidth, machines; sets policy)
> > * Developers: can delete or alter any page, any
> > time, without a trace! same for blocking, promoting,
> > renaming users)
> > * Upper sysops: can delete pages or protect them
>
> from the lower classes; can see everyone IP's, block
> IP's of anyone.
>
> La bourgeoisie
>
> > * Lowers sysops: can delete pages or protect them
>
> from the lower classes; can block IP's of anonymous
> only. Don't see users IP.
>

> > A Lower-class:
> > * Signed-in users - cannot be blocked, except by a
> > developer
> > * Anonymous (IP) users - can be blocked by any sysop

Eh? I don't remember calling for two types of sysops. I've only advocated for
sysops to have the ability to block vandals who have happened to log-in. The
particular method by which I proposed this was simple; allow sysops the
ability to see the IPs of logged-in users.

I still think this is the best solution. Perhaps our previous disagreement was
based on the above misunderstanding? I would have opposed a two-level sysop
scheme too.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)

WikiKarma
The usual at [[April 1]]