[WikiEN-l] Streamline the sysop recruiting process

sannse sannse at delphiforums.com
Mon Apr 7 19:33:01 UTC 2003

Ed wrote:

> Oops! I meant "can't...until you've been a SIGNED-IN CONTRIBUTOR for N
days". I trust you, sannse, to nominate sysops, for what it's worth :-)

Thanks :)

But if we were to use an automated system of some sort, I think your
original suggestion was better (even if it wasn't what you meant ;)

Of course we have many good contributors who choose not to be sysops for
whatever reason, and with the current system there is no problem in them
nominating others.   But with an automated system I can see situations where
a problem contributor might nominate another problem contributor, or someone
could make an second account to nominate themselves (even with a delay on
eligibility).

Or maybe I just worry too much

sannse