[WikiEN-l] What we need

Magnus Manske magnus.manske at epost.de
Wed Nov 20 20:22:19 UTC 2002

Larry Sanger wrote:

>An open letter to Jimbo:

<snip>

>P.S. Folks, if you agree with me, maybe it would help to say so publicly
>or privately to Jimbo.

Well, I do agree. Wikipedia has grown quite well, because we've been
basically working by these rules. In a small community, that worked even
without repeating these things over and again. With the size we have
reached now, and more people finding their way to us, these things
should be written down somewhere prominently.
IMHO we shoule have a page "wikipedia:Jimbo's Golden Wikipedia Rules"
;-) and have it protected, because it won't be open to debate. This
would not do any harm, as we already enforce NPOV etc., but it would
help a lot if we could point newcomers there.

Magnus