[Mediawiki-l] signing with ~~~

FreeAll Support support at freeall.org
Sun May 21 12:30:30 UTC 2006

Thank you for your attention...

Well, the thing is what you (Elliott F. Cable) offer is not a direct
solution, and it does not work for what I need.

The thing is that I need a complex sentence of templates which some are
substituted and some are not substituted and inside the templates that are
not - I need the parameter to be substituted templates.

Maybe it will help if I tell you the main purpose of this little thing, but
it still is a problem (which I call: bug)

What I try to do is to give my user an option to sign with an alternative
date - let say (for the example) - by the Hebrew date system. The
transformation from the server date to the Hebrew one is by a template.
Let say that the template gets today as a parameter, and returns a new date
due to a {{switch}} template inside her. In the ~~~ I need that the template
will return the current Hebrew date, that won't change with the time
passing... something like:
 {{hebrewdate{{subst:CURRENTDAY}}{{subst:CURRENTMONTH}}}}
But if I'll write:
 {{subst:hebrewdate{{subst:CURRENTDAY}}{{subst:CURRENTMONTH}}}}
I'll get the {{switch}} written all over the page with all of its cases.
That's not professional, and quite ugly.

Hope it helped to understand the problem.

Thanks again!

Peleg.