[Mediawiki-l] How to use 'clickpic' template?

Gart, Mitchell MGart at Kronos.com
Wed May 10 14:11:18 UTC 2006

I've tried to use the 'clickpic' template described in

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:CharlesC/Template_for_navigational_i
mages_on_Mediawiki_websites

Does anybody have a working example of how to do it?
I have done it 2 different ways and neither quite works.
Method #1:

page containing the link has

{{clickpic|Main_Page|image:foo.jpg}}

and template:clickpic has

In this method, the picture doesn't show up on the page.  Instead
the text "image"foo.jpg" shows up.  When you click the link, you go
to the target page correctly.

Method #2

same as above except page containing the link has

{{clickpic|Main_Page|[[image:foo.jpg]]}}

with the extra square brackets.  This time the image shows up correctly,
but when you click the image it doesn't go to the right place.  It goes
to the page with info about foo.gif.

Does anybody know how to get this working?  Thanks,

- Mitch Gart