[Mediawiki-l] New install only showing blank page

Anders Schneiderman schneida at SEIU.ORG
Tue May 2 16:53:11 UTC 2006

 I just installed a new version of MediaWiki on a RH Linux box.  The
install went fine.  I copied Local Settings.php to the main directory,
deleted the config directory, and set $wgserver to our test server's IP
address.   It's now running, but all I'm getting is a blank page.  In
other words, if I go to:

http:/ouripaddress/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page

Or

http:/ouripaddress/mediawiki/index.php

I get nada.  No errors -- but view source shows nothing there.

Just to make sure, I also put a test HML page in the directory:

http:/ouripaddress/mediawiki/test.html

And it works fine.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?  If there is
documentation that explains what to do next, just point in the right
direction -- I didn't see anything.

Thanks,
Anders Schneiderman