[Mediawiki-l] no Thumb-Nails shown

Martin Baumann mailsgetlost at web.de
Fri Jan 20 23:58:21 UTC 2006

Hi,

how to show thumbnails of images?
* first upload an image
* enter [[Image:myPic.jpg|thumb|alternative text]]
Thats all, isn't it?
But no thumbnail is shown, only a frame an 'alternative text' and the
enlarge link!

In LocalSettings.php I have the following block:

  ## To enable image uploads, make sure the 'images' directory
  ## is writable, then uncomment this:
  $wgEnableUploads = true;
  $wgUseImageResize = true;
  $wgUseImageMagick = true;
  $wgImageMagickConvertCommand = "/usr/segment/bin/convert";

When I enter /usr/segment/bin/convert on the webserver I get the following:

  bash-3.1$ /usr/segment/bin/convert
  Version: ImageMagick 6.1.8 01/18/05 Q16 http://www.imagemagick.org
  Copyright: Copyright (C) 1999-2005 ImageMagick Studio LLC

This seems to be correct.

Any idea?
Can this be a PHP safe mode problem? Because I had some problems
activating image uploads.
I must run MediaWiki as cgi module.

Thanks, MB