[Mediawiki-l] Import Dump Order

Plamen Gradinarov plamen at orientalia.org
Mon Jan 16 09:21:00 UTC 2006

Hello,

Several times tried to import the last dump in this order

bg_brokenlinks_table.sql.gz
bg_categorylinks_table.sql.gz
bg_page_table.sql.gz
bg_pagelinks_table.sql.gz
pages_articles.xml.bz2

with no succsess. When accessing any page, the title is there, but the page says the content must have been removed.

Next move - empty the page table and importing again the pages_articles.xml.bz2
Articles pop up, page links work, but the categories are total mess, subcategories and articles are listed without whatsoever relevance to their parent category.

Third move - empty pagelinks table and start visiting the inactive categories and saving them. Articles get properly listed.

Using a fresh install of wikimedia 1.5.5
Tried other languages, the same result even with en_ (the only difference being that the dumps took two days to import).

Any suggestions where might be the problem?
Should I also import the now defunct links table? (bg_links_table.sql.gz 2005-Jun-23 17:54:58)

Thank you

PS. First time sent this from other account, please excuse me for having to moderate/delete that first letter.