[Mediawiki-l] LDAP Lookup Behavior

Jeff Mandel jeff at cotse.com
Wed Sep 14 18:46:34 UTC 2005

Hello,
I'm using the 1.0 LdapAuthentication plugin with version 1.5rc4.
I'm seeing some strange behavior binding for a certain name.
Authentication works fine for most users, except the user Nicolae.
I used tcpdump to watch the bind request and see none for Nicolae.
No problem seeing bind request for Nicola, icolae, Micolae, Ricolae,
Nicolaebean.
No bind attempted for Nicolae. All users are in the same  part of the tree.
$wgLDAPUseLocal = false;
This looks like some sort of input validation.
Any suggestions where I can start tracking this down?

Thanks,

Jeff