[Mediawiki-l] Category links still not being regenerated

Ben Arnold (DSLWN) BenA at datacom.co.nz
Thu Oct 27 01:47:09 UTC 2005

Hi, does anyone have some suggestions to offer? I'm quite stuck with
this!

I have succesfully upgraded to MediaWiki 1.5.1 on the off-chance that it
was a bug that has been fixed in the latest version. No luck. I'm still
having the problem. I notice that it doesn't happen at en.wikipedia
which is at 1.6alpha.

To summarise:
- add a new category link to an article (e.g. [[Category:New category]])
& save
- category appears in red (because it's a link to an edit page)
- follow the link & save a description of the category
- link still appears in red and you have to use action=purge to fix it

I'm now using MediaWiki 1.5.1, PHP 4.3.8, MySQL 4.0.20a-debug.

Anyone else had this problem? Something like this? Know how to work
around it?

Thanks in advance,

Ben