[Mediawiki-l] Mediawiki 1.5 and LDAP Authentication

Christopher Chan teamspike at spikesource.com
Sat Oct 15 08:16:58 UTC 2005

> The ldap bind test passed, but i'm still having a problem. attached
> is the file your requested. thanks for helping.
> Lou

Hi Batti,

Regarding your LocalSettings.php, there seems to be more there than you need
and I did not see $wgUseLDAP set.  Also, you do not need to create the
LdapAuthenticationPlugin as the $wgUseLDAP flag will take care of that.  Try
the following for the LDAP settings (I'm assuming you don't need the
ADdomain):

#----- start ------
$wgUseLDAP = true;
$wgLDAPDomainNames = array(
  "testLDAPdomain"
  );
$wgLDAPServerNames = array(
  "testLDAPdomain"=>"osxdev2.cecom.com"
  );
$wgLDAPSearchStrings = array(
  "testLDAPdomain"=>"uid=USER-NAME,cn=users,dc=cecom,dc=com"
  );
$wgLDAPUseSSL = false; //Recommended!!
$wgLDAPUseLocal = false; //Allow the use of the local database as well as the
LDAP database
$wgMinimalPasswordLength = 1; #If using mediawiki 1.5. Note: 1 is the minimum,
feel free to go higher

$wgLDAPUpdateLDAP = false;  //if true WikiDN and WikiPassword must be set
//In Version 1.0 for writing to the directory
$wgLDAPWriterDN = "admin"; //Please use a user with limited access, NOT your
directory manager
$wgLDAPWriterPassword = "admin_pw_here"; //You are able to use clear text
passwords, but please try not to

//In Version 1.0 for search filter
$wgLDAPSearchAttributes = array(
  "testLDAPdomain"=>"uid"
  );
$wgLDAPBaseDNs = array(
  "testLDAPdomain"=>"cn=users,dc=cecom,dc=com"
  );

//In Version 1.0 for mailing temporary passwords to users
//(notice, this will store the temporary password in the local directory
// if you cannot write LDAP passwords because writing is turned off,
// this probably won't help you much since users will not be able to change
// their password)
$wgLDAPMailPassword = true;

//In Version 1.0 for allowing the retreival of user preferences from LDAP
//Only pulls a small amount of info currently
$wgLDAPRetrievePrefs = true;

Hope this helps.

--
Christopher Chan