[Mediawiki-l] Can't get MediaWiki to install

Timothy K. Wilkinson tkw4u at virginia.edu
Fri Mar 18 18:39:48 UTC 2005

I'm trying to get MediaWiki running and I keep hitting the same problem.
I've tried the 1.3.x builds and the latest 1.4 builds and I get the same
problem each time.  I don't think it's a database problem because the
configuration doesn't get that far.  I'm able to get other wiki packages
running on this site so I don't think there is an admin problem.

The error I get is this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class namespace in /na/h1/t/tk/tkw4u
/public_html/spacewiki/includes/Namespace.php on line 52

I've looked at the file and at that section of code.  There doesn't seem to
be anything I can manually enter there.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas of what might be causing this error?

Thanks!

Tim