[Mediawiki-l] what-you-see-is-what-you-get edit program?

Sterling D. Allan sterlingda at pureenergysystems.com
Mon Mar 14 18:59:47 UTC 2005

Two thoughts:

While the editing difficulty of wiki as it is does weed out the less
motivated, in my particular nook of the Internet (cutting edge energy tech),
it is weeding far more than I would like.  People might be brilliant in
science, but often are not so brilliant in word composition.  I hope to make
it as easy as possible for them.

I can see that the sheer number of HTML/Wiki code possibilities used in
mediawiki would make the WYSIWYG task nearly impossible if one wanted to be
able to enable all possible formatting options.  So the "price" one will pay
in going with a WYSIWYG editor would be a narrowing of formatting options.

In my case, that is a price that I would be willing to pay because I want to
make it easy for those brilliant scientists who barely know how to spell.

Sterling D. Allan
http://peswiki.com

p.s. thanks for the input