[Mediawiki-l] ACL, Access Control List, cur_restrictions

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Sat Mar 12 00:13:44 UTC 2005

Sebastien BARRE wrote:
> Now let's go the opposite way then: to protect a part of my Wiki, I
> would have to actually create a second Wiki for the private part, and
> protect it with some other mechanism, say .htaccess / mod_auth. Now how
> much interaction can I get between the public and the private Wiki. Can I:
>         - access images and pages from one to the other using Wiki links
> (interwiki ?)

You can use interwiki links to link pages between the two.

For images, you might try the shared upload directory support (which use
use to make Wikimedia Commons a central image repository accessible from
all our projects). You might also be able to get away with just sharing
an upload path/directory, though this could lead to some inconsistencies
in the image table if you upload an image with the same name in both places.

>         - share skins
>         - share extensions

These are code outside of the wiki, so naturally can be shared.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)