[Mediawiki-l] Re: [Wikitech-l] Changing copyright license question.

Evan Prodromou evan at bad.dynu.ca
Thu Mar 3 12:08:46 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-03 at 15:30 -0600, Wes Mauer wrote:

> I've looked around the site and through the archives, but I have not
> found how you can change the license message from within WikiMedia.
> What I am looking to do, is remove the GFDL text that appears in the
> bottom of my Wiki, and replace it with a notice indicating that the
> material (documents) is property of my employer. If anyone could point
> me to some documentation on how to do this, that would be much
> appreciated. Thanks in advance!

First off, I've moved the conversation to the mediawiki-l list, where
MediaWiki support info goes.

Second, any time you want to replace any text in MediaWiki, look in the
languages/Language.php file (for English) or the
languages/LanguageXX.php file, where XX is the two-letter language code
(LanguageDe.php is the German-language file, for example).

Third, the entry you need is 'gnunote' in the language file.

~Evan

--
Evan Prodromou
evan at bad.dynu.ca