[Mediawiki-l] Caching is making me crazy...

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Tue Mar 1 21:44:12 UTC 2005

On 28 Feb 2005, at 10:58, Rowan Collins wrote:

> The point is, this is a chicken-and-egg problem - if the page is being
> read from cache, there is no way of knowing whether or not it contains
> an extension tag, or any other feature. It is logically impossible to
> determine whether to parse something as part of the process of parsing
> it.

I suggested a specific namespace, and asked for comments, and got a big
yawn.

It seems to me one could subclass Article or something so that the
namespace "Dynamic:" would never be cached, for example.

I ask again: comments?

:::: If you succumb to the temptation of using violence in the
struggle, unborn generations will be the recipients of a long and
desolate night of bitterness, and your chief legacy to the future will
be an endless reign of meaningless chaos. - Martin Luther King Jr.
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/Item/99-0590-18>