[Mediawiki-l] What is creating all these wierd users like "B79eb7"?

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Thu Jun 23 09:11:25 UTC 2005

I am steadily seeing an increasing number of 6 digit users with wierd
names like "B79eb7" registering on my site.  Who/what is creating these?

If I'm happy to edit the database can someone talk me through which
tables reference the user table and how safe it is to delete these if
they have never made any real edits to any content

(Actually does anyone have a script to remove all users who have never
edited anything?)

The mediawiki faq has a little section on deleting users but it's not
enough to understand the DB structure and figure out what needs to be
changed

Any assistance gratefully appreciated

Ed W