[Mediawiki-l] Re: Activating Turck MMCache after installation

Kate keturner at livejournal.com
Mon Jun 20 23:29:22 UTC 2005

David Liontooth wrote in gmane.org.wikimedia.mediawiki:

> OK, thanks.  I've not had problems with Turck on a single wiki within a
> database shared by several others, but I haven't exactly stress-tested it.
> As I don't clearly need the extra performance, I'll turn it off in
> LocalConfig for now.

if you do decide you would like to use in-memory caching, you can replace
Turck with memcached (http://www.danga.com/memcached/).  the same problem
exists with shared databases, but you can simply run several copies of
memcached and specify a different one in each LocalSettings.php.

memcached is also quite a bit more tested in general, since it's used on
Wikipedia.

> Dave

kate.