[Mediawiki-l] small edit problem updating to 1.4.5 solved?

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Sat Jun 4 22:33:42 UTC 2005

Pablo Chamorro C. wrote:
>>> [client 192.168.x.x] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function:
>>> pinglimiter() in /var/www/html/mediawiki-1.4.5/includes/EditPage.php on
>>> line 214, referer: http://intranet.mydomain/wiki?title=...&action=submit
>>
>> Did you somehow forget to update User.php?
>
> No, I updated extracting over the old files as I did from 1.4.2 a 1.4.4
> and now to 1.4.5.

Then I strongly recommend you take a look at the file and confirm that
it's actually correct, because it sounds like it's loaded an old version
of that file.

User.php as shipped in 1.4.5 is 32637 bytes and has an MD5 checksum of
d432f9281e124482d63303ee01a660dc.

Check that you're not using the wrong $IP in your include path, such as
a path pointing to old versions of the files. Using a pathname with the
version in it is suspicious when you say you're "extracting over the old
files".

If you're using a PHP opcode cache system, try clearing it manually
and/or editing the file to update its timestamp, to ensure an obsolete
version of the User class definition isn't being used.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)