[Mediawiki-l] Table of Contents floats right, need it float left

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Thu Jun 2 15:45:30 UTC 2005

Michael E. Hancock wrote:

>Over at www.codex.wordpress.org we use MediaWiki version 1.4.2 and one of
>the brainy sysops is out taking tests so maybe someone could help.
>
>The problem:
>When a Table of Contents is created, either automatically or with
>__FORCETOC__, that TOC is presented as floating right.
>
>The question?
>Where would the administrator/sysops look to fix this so that the TOC
>floated to the left instead.  I know on my test MediaWiki all TOCs float
>left so what did the sysops change at the wordpress site to make it float
>right?

Funnily enough I wanted to copy your right floating skin!!  I scanned
your CSS files to see how you did it and it's a customised version of
the skin you are using and you have a "float: right" as one of the
customisations in an extra css file (it's a small file with just this
one stanza in).

By the way, there is a firefox extension to "Edit CSS" which is really
useful for tweaking this stuff visually.

Drop me a line if you can't find it.  I rather like what you did though...

Ed W