[Mediawiki-l] Uppercase Headers of MW-Menus

Sérgio Ribeiro sr.ribeiro at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 20:18:41 UTC 2005

Hi,
I assume that you are using the monobook skin, the header of the [left]
menus appear on lower case because on the monobook skin css (
monobook/main.css ), the portlet class is set to transform the h6 text to
lower case; just like this:

.portlet h6 {
    background: #ffae2e;
    border: 1px solid #2f6fab;
    border-style: solid solid none solid;
    padding: 0 1em 0 1em;
    text-transform: lowercase; <- BINGO
    display: block;
    font-size: 1em;
    height: 1.2em;
    font-weight: normal;
    white-space: nowrap;
}

In the other hand, the German WP as set their monobook (on
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Monobook.css ) to not lower the
header text:

/* Großbuchstaben in den Navigationsbereichen */

.portlet h5,
.portlet h6,
#p-personal ul,
#p-cactions li a {
        text-transform: none;
}

So now base on this facts you only have to go to your wiki edit the "page"
MediaWiki:Monobook.css and add the following code:

.portlet h6 { text-transform: none; }

Cheers,

Edit this page @ http://pt.wikipedia.org