[Mediawiki-l] Error when database goes down

Dan Carlson minutiaeman at st-minutiae.com
Tue Mar 30 02:21:13 UTC 2004

My host's database server just went down (again), for the first time
since I upgraded to 1.2.0.  I thought I should report that I'm getting
an error message in addition to the usual "Sorry!" message:

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link
resource in
/hsphere/local/home/minutiae/memoryalpha.st-minutiae.com/en/includes/
Database.php on line 196
  Sorry! The wiki is experiencing some technical difficulties, and
cannot contact the database server.

Hopefully this will be helpful. ;-)

Dan Carlson