[Mediawiki-l] Error: Invalid Title?

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Fri Mar 26 22:32:44 UTC 2004

On Mar 26, 2004, at 13:30, Dan Carlson wrote:
> After upgrading my wiki to from 1.1 to 1.2 this morning, I've found
> that any attempt to view or edit a page that has an apostrophe in the
> title will return an error page.  I find this extremely annoying --
> even crippling -- because a significant number of articles on my site
> have (or will need) apostrophes in their titles.
>
> Does this have anything to do with the fact that I switched the wiki
> from ISO-Latin to UTF-8 when I upgraded?  Please tell me there's some
> way to get back the functionality!

If you can change the PHP configuration, try turning off the
"magic_quotes_gpc" option.Alternatively, try changing this bit of
index.php:

if( isset( $_SERVER['PATH_INFO'] ) ) {
	$title = stripslashes( substr( $_SERVER['PATH_INFO'], 1 ) );
} else {
	$title = stripslashes( $_REQUEST['title'] );
}

(the stripslashes calls aren't presently there).

Let me know if that clears it up, I'll get a 1.2.1 out soon...

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)