[Mediawiki-l] No input file specified.

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Wed Mar 17 19:24:39 UTC 2004

Sorry I haven't responded earlier, it seems the mailing list has
decided to send me only administrative messages and not actual messages
to the list! Garrrr...

mikeFitzhugh wrote on March 14:
>   I'm having some trouble with the web installer. Everything seems to
> go
>   well during the installation. But, when I visit what should be the
>   front of my new wiki using this URL:
>
>   http://www.objectif.org/wiki/index.php
>
>   ... I get redirected to this URL:
>
>  http://www.objectif.org/wiki/index.php/Wiki/index.php
>
>  where I get the message "No input file specified"

It looks like there's something wrong with the web server, it's not
passing requests to the script correctly. As a workaround, try putting
this in LocalSettings.php:

$wgArticlePath = "$wgScript?title=$1";

Uglier, but perhaps safer.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)