[Mediawiki-l] Bug when running a closed shop wiki?

Thomas Hentschel Lund thomas at trylleskoven.dk
Tue Mar 16 14:52:23 UTC 2004

Hi

I am trying to configure a mediawiki to run closed for non-approved
accounts. The version I'm running is phase 3 1.2.0rc3 on redhat 8

I have changed the following in the LocalSettings.php file:

# Invitation-only closed shop type of system
$wgWhitelistEdit = true;
$wgWhitelistRead = true;
$wgWhitelistAccount = array ( "user" => 0, "sysop" => 1, "developer" =>
1 );

But only edits are disallowed for users not logged in. Its possible for
anonymous users to read all pages.

Is this a bug, or am I missing some important information?

Thank you for your help

/Thomas