[Mediawiki-l] install disk space

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Fri Mar 5 20:33:02 UTC 2004

On Mar 5, 2004, at 08:47, Luke Townsley wrote:
> BtW, I am installing version 1.1.0 of MediaWiki. The tmp file in
> question is  /var/tmp/fm42791078495739
> I am guessing it was created by the file manager/online interface that
> jumpline uses. Perhaps if I tried to install it without the web
> interface?
> I tried installing MediaWiki again (through the web interface again)
> after deleting the tmp file but setting the timeout to 600 seconds
> instead of 20. It still timed out and gave exactly the same results.

Well, the filename doesn't ring any bells for me...

Could you describe the exact steps you followed to install? I should
point out that MediaWiki 1.1.0 doesn't have a web interface to the
installer; install.php must be run from the command line, and is very
finicky even then.

I'd highly recommend you give 1.2.0rc2 a try: it's got a new web-based
installation which should be a little more straightforward (go to
config/index.php).
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wikipedia/mediawiki-1.2.0rc2.tar.gz?
download

If you can get it to work, or have problems with the new installer too,
I'd appreciate any feedback before we make the final 1.2.0 release.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)