[Mediawiki-l] migrating mediawiki

Evan Prodromou evan at wikitravel.org
Thu Apr 29 13:08:33 UTC 2004

    DD> Hello, currently I'm using Mediawiki 1.1.0 on a linux (debian)
    DD> server. I want to migrate the wiki to another server (also
    DD> debian) and would like to update the wiki to the current
    DD> version 1.2.4.  Is it possible to upgrade the wiki and use the
    DD> old database? How do I migrate? I tried to dump and import the
    DD> db and just copied the wiki-webtree but that didn't work.

So, you want to migrate to a new machine _and_ update at the same
time? It'd probably be easier to migrate first, then update.

You should be able to dump the DB, import it, and copy over the wiki
directory. Of course, you'll need to redo whatever PHP4 and Apache
configuration stuff you had on your old machine.

Once 1.1.0 is up and running on your new machine, you can update to
1.2.4 by running the update.php script in the 1.2.4 distribution
directory.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou <evan at wikitravel.org>