[Mediawiki-l] Forbidding anonymous edits in MediaWiki?

Dan Carlson minutiaeman at st-minutiae.com
Thu Apr 1 21:49:40 UTC 2004

I'd like to know if it's possible under the current system to require
contributors to register a user account before they may make edits to
any pages.  I realize that this isn't exactly in the spirit of the wiki
system, but we've had a problem with a user lately who hasn't been
paying attention to our repeated requests to follow the rules.  One of
the options we'd like to consider is requiring contributors to register
first.

But, is that possible using the current software?  How could I set that
up?  I've taken a look at DefaultSettings.php, and I see the variable
$wgWhitelistEdit and the array $wgWhitelistAccount, and I was wondering
if those have anything to do with what I'm looking for.

Thanks,
Dan