[Foundation-l] Blink tag jokes are now obsolete.

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Tue Jan 10 06:06:02 UTC 2012

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 4:36 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> It got worse. They changed it to "Wikimedia Executive Director"

At the risk of reviving this thread, I find it worth noting that the
German chapter apparently used very similar banners this year to these
banners you criticized last year:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:NoticeTemplate/view&template=WMDE_Fundraiser_End_anon
http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:NoticeTemplate/view&template=WMDE_Test_Jan03_JimmyJacketUrgent

This is not a criticism of WM-DE: We used that language last year, and
I felt much of the criticism of it was unreasonable, especially yours.
I find it interesting, though, in the context of the discussion that's
happening on Meta right now regarding funds dissemination. It is also
worth noting that we didn't use either choice of words this year in
the WMF campaign in response to the concerns from last year.