[Foundation-l] Canadian consultation on Trans Pacific

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 03:50:57 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 2:47 AM, James Heilman <jmh649 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey John. Not sure we why at WMC should be interested? Can you explain
> further...

Why wouldnt WMC be interested in changes to laws in Canada that reduce
free cultural exchange?

Michael Geist does a great job of explaining it.

http://www.michaelgeist.ca/content/view/6225/125/

Canada is one of the last remaining bastians against the US-led IP
reforms occurring across the world.  normalising at 70pma isnt the
objective.  As soon as all major nations are 70pma, we'll see a higher
number adopted by some countries, and the other nations will be forced
to normal again, at a higher number.