[Foundation-l] Bosnia's Top Cultural Institutions Shutting Down

emijrp emijrp at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 21:13:58 UTC 2012

2012/1/7 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>

> On 7 January 2012 20:12, emijrp <emijrp at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The Historical Museum of Bosnia and Herzegovina holds 400,000 artifacts.
> > Any National Cultural Institution closing is a disaster.
>
> Yes, it is. So what's the game plan?

I'm not sure. If the WMF goals are to collect/preserve/disseminate
educational content, they can start with the holdings in endangered
cultural institutions. It is not my work, but some suggestions, from low to
high involvement:

* blog post exposing the events
* a call to the museums, showing that we are concerned
* offering wikimedia projects to host any materials they want to give
* marathon to create related articles
* organize a "Wiki Invades..." to take photos and notes of the collections
* wikipedian in residence and put some money to fund some activities
* any other high profile partnership

And read international news related to our long-term goals.

Regards,
emijrp