[Foundation-l] A discussion list for Wikimedia (not "Foundation") matters

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Tue Apr 3 05:17:28 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 7:29 AM, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think wikimedia-l would work fine and make sense. We probably don't need
> an additional list, a lot of the lists we have now are lightly used.

Picking this up again .. I'll go ahead and make this change on
Saturday 4/7, unless there are strong objections. Moving this list to
wikimedia-l seems like the least disruptive change for now,
acknowledging that its scope has long expanded beyond WMF matters.

This is the only change -- all other list parameters would stay the
same, so as to not surprise and annoy people by rolling up unrelated
changes.

In future we may -
a) find that this is perfectly sufficient and leave it at that,
b) create "movement-l" to discuss the wonderful bureaucracy that we're
busily creating in more dedicated and extensive depth,
c) create any other divisions that make sense, or not. :-)

All best,
Erik
--
Erik Möller