[Foundation-l] Personal Image Filter results announced

Béria Lima berialima at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 08:31:38 UTC 2011

> *Objecting to this isn't a question of being prudish or of censorship, or
> of being anti-wiki. But if we want to attract (...) women
> editors, editors from outside the majority cultures on Wikipedia (...) this
> kind of thing is obviously very off-putting. So we risk limiting our reach
> by not dealing with it.
> *

Speak for yourself. Like i told before in Gender Gap list, remove the
"porn/naked" images will not solve gender gap. And about culture - forgive
me - but the only people who seems concerned about remove those images from
wiki are AFAIS american.

*Béria Lima*
(PS.: IF you want to see some "really" bad naked/porn images, who shouldn't
be in Wikipédia, talk with a Commons admin - even a female admin like me saw
thinks 100 times worst than a naked girl showing her 8 months pregancy belly
that you are complaining so much
about<http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/gendergap/2011-September/001308.html>
)