[Foundation-l] just wondering, are we going to take down en.wikipedia.org?

Kirill Lokshin kirill.lokshin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 23:51:08 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 5:52 PM, emijrp <emijrp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Additional reasons to shut down English Wikipedia as protest ASAP
>
> http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/u-s-cuts-funding-for-unesco-after-palestinian-vote-1.392996

This has little enough to do with Wiki(m/p)edia, however; while UNESCO's
mission does have some overlap with that of the WMF, we are not connected
to them in any substantive way.  Certainly, the mere fact that a cultural
institution of some sort has had its funding cut should not cause us to do
anything spectacularly unusual, as that's a fairly routine event these days.

Kirill