[Foundation-l] News from Germany: White Bags and thinking about a fork

Möller, Carsten c.moeller at wmco.de
Sun Oct 23 16:45:17 UTC 2011

> From: Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org>
> Subject: Re: [Foundation-l]
>

> The literal translation of what was being voted on:
>
> "Pers?nliche Bildfilter
>   (Filter, die illustrierende Dateien anhand von
>   Kategorien der Wikipedia verbergen und vom Leser an- und abgeschaltet
>   werden k?nnen, vgl. den vorl?ufigen [[Entwurf]] der Wikimedia
>   Foundation)
> sollen entgegen dem Beschluss des Kuratoriums der
> Wikimedia Foundation in der deutschsprachigen Wikipedia nicht
> eingef?hrt werden und es sollen auch keine Filterkategorien f?r auf
> dieser Wikipedia lokal gespeicherte Dateien angelegt werden."
>
> "Personal image filters
>    (filters, which hide illustrating files based
>    on categories and which can be turned on and off by the reader, see
>    the preliminary [[draft]] by the Wikimedia Foundation)
> should, contrary to the Board's decision, not be introduced in the German
> Wikipedia, and no filter categories should be created for locally
> uploaded content."

Erik,
I dont think you are stupid, but the ( ) clearly indicates that the main wording is the outer text.
But in order that you a understand it better, i have reformated it for you.

I know that, the German wikipedia knows that and the voters have known that.
It is time, that everyone with a wikimedia.org email accepts that fact that there is no way to go forward with this image filter nonsense if you dont realise the general opposition and the still growing distrust.
You are still try to march forward, not knowing where to go. I still think ist the way to content censorship.

Carsten